This is the first field guide to the orchids and wildflowers of Tanzania’s Kitulo Plateau, which is also known as the “Garden of God” and “Serengeti of Flowers.” This color-illustrated guide describes a selection of 116 species and will enable anyone who visits Bustani ya Mungu to appreciate it all the more.
- 116 species (including 29 orchids) described and illustrated with color photographs
- Notes on each species and race, covering identification, habitat, distribution, and rarity
- A concise description of the national park and its unique flora and fauna
- An introduction to the main habitats of the plateauAn illustrated botanical glossary to aid identification
About the Author
Rosalind F. Salter has worked as a researcher and consultant in the Eastern Arc Mountains, Coastal Forests, and Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2001. In addition to running a small UK-based ecological consultancy, she has ongoing research interests in Kitulo linked to the WCS Southern Highlands Conservation Program. Dr. Tim R. B. Davenport is Country Director of the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) in Tanzania, where he has lived since 1999. He has also worked in the UK, Uganda, Cameroon, and Malawi. He initiated the WCS Southern Highlands Conservation Program in 2000 and was instrumental in getting Kitulo gazetted as a national park and the adjacent Mt. Rungwe designated as a Nature Reserve. He was awarded the Parker-Gentry Award for Conservation in 2008, and currently lives in Zanzibar.
|Dimensions||5.8 x 0.2 x 8.5 in|
|Number Of Pages|
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.¬†
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.