- An in-depth look at the largest protected area in Africa, spectacularly photographed by Robert J. Ross
- Includes excerpts from Sand Rivers, the celebrated book by one of America’s greatest novelist and finest nature writers, the late Peter Matthiessen
- Brief but informative texts on the history and ecology of the Selous and the problems/opportunities it faces
- Beautiful gatefolds and high quality printing make this book the perfect gift for all nature lovers
The Selous Game Reserve in southern Tanzania is Africa’s oldest and largest protected area. Proclaimed in 1896, and bigger than Switzerland, the Selous is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Selous remains one of Africa’s largest and greatest undisturbed ecosystems, teeming with life including one of the largest elephant populations remaining on the African continent, large packs of wild dogs, vast herds of buffalo as well as more lions than any other protected area on the continent as reported by National Geographic in August 2013.
New York-born photographer Robert J. Ross has spent much of the past six years photographing in this vast and difficult to access reserve. He has compiled more than 100,000 images showing all aspects of the reserve’s varied landscapes, seasons, flora and large and small fauna. The spectacular large-format photography book features a selection of the very best images including landscapes, wildlife portraits and behavior, night photography,impressionist style work and breath-taking aerials.
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.¬†
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.