A Novel Idea Bookshop Photography Calendar is back!
Next year, 2022 A Novel Idea Bookshop in collaboration with Desktop Productions Limited will be bringing back its annual photography calendar.
Each contestant will submit a maximum of 2 photos per category.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The competition is open to all professional and amateur photographers.
- Each person may submit up to 2 photos per category.
- Entrants will at all times retain the rights to and ownership of their photos, however, in submitting photos, entrants grant A Novel Idea the right to unrestricted use of the photos, as they are or with any modifications, in the Calendar or any material used to promote this Calendar or any future calendars and any other A Novel Idea print publication.
- By entering the competition, each entrant is confirming that the photos submitted are original and that she/he has the sole and full rights to the use and distribution of the photos submitted. The entrant also confirms that the photos submitted have not previously, nor are they now, published anywhere nor are they in the process of being published or sold. The entrant and not A Novel Idea will be liable for any copyrighting issues arising from the use of a photo that comes under dispute regarding the personal and proprietary rights of another person.
- Photos must be taken in Tanzania and fit into one of four calendar categories: Wildlife, People, Ocean, Landscapes
- Photos will be cropped to a square (equal height and length) If you are able to do this prior to submitting please do so. If you are unable please submit in original format and we will crop the photos.
- Photos must be high-resolution: minimum 300ppi (over 3000 pixels per side).
- Photos must be entered in TIFF or JPEG format (.jpg) with a maximum file size of 10MB.
- Color or Black & White photos will be accepted.
- Photos may be touched-up to remove marks and scratches or to enhance colour, however, the content may not be manipulated in any way.
- A Novel Idea reserves the right to reject any images deemed to not meet the rules of this competition or to be inappropriate in any way.
- Photos must NOT contain any watermarks, signature,s or overlays.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Photos must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm on Monday, 20th September 2021 along with the completed registration form.
- Each photo should be named with the category and location where the photo was taken (ie. Wilderness- Selous Game Reserve). More detailed information may be requested for shortlisted entries.
- Entrants whose photos are selected to be included in the Calendar will have the option to have their name appear in the calendar along with either their email address or website, or they may remain anonymous.
- A maximum of one photo per category per entrant may be selected for the short-list.
- Short-list selection will be done by an impartial short-listing judge and the selection will be entirely at his/her discretion and will be final.
- Short-listed entrants will be notified by email by September 23 2021.
- Shortlisted photos will be displayed at A Novel Idea Slipway from September 23 – September 30 during which time the public may review them and vote for their favorite photo. Votes can be submitted to A Novel Idea Bookshop, Msasani Slipway or by email at email@example.com.
- Each person may only vote once. Multiple votes will lead to all votes from that voter being disqualified and not counted.
- Should the People’s Choice vote yield a tie, the Final Selection Judge will have the final vote.
- An impartial final selection judge will select one winner and eleven photos to include in the calendar along with the People’s Choice photo.
- The criteria used for judging the photos will be at the sole discretion of the Judge, however, content and quality will both be considered.
- The judge’s selection is entirely at his/her discretion and will be final.
- The twelve photos selected will be included in the calendar and the entrants of those photos will receive a free copy of the calendar.
- The winning photo of the People’s Choice vote will be included in the calendar and the entrant will receive a prize TBA (To Be Announced).
- The entrant with the winning photograph will have his/her photo on the cover of the calendar and receive a prize TBA (To Be Announced).
- The entrant with the 2nd prize photograph will have his/her photo included in the calendar and receive a prize TBA (To Be Announced).
- The entrant with the 3rd prize photograph will have his/her photo included in the calendar and receive a prize TBA (To Be Announced).
Comments are closed